DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française A1-B2) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française C1-C2) are official qualifications to certify French language proficiency of non-native speakers.
There are 4 differents DELF Exams:
– The DELF Tout public / General Public is made up for the first four levels : A1, A2, B1 and B2. The DALF for the C1 and C2 levels.
– The DELF Pro is aimed at candidates seeking initial employment opportunities or promotion within a French-speaking work environment. All candidates are welcome to apply, whether in initial training or continuing education. The DELF Pro assesses the communication skills needed for all aspects of professional life today as the examination topics are based on the business environment.
– The DELF Junior is for scholars between the ages of 12 and 18 years and is made up of only the first four levels: A1, A2, B1 and B2. The diploma awarded is identical to the standard DELF Diploma and has the same basic structure.
– The DELF Prim is for scholars up to 11 years of age and is made up of only three levels: A1.1, A1 and A2. The diploma awarded is identical to the standard DELF Diploma and has the same basic structure. However, the topics discussed are adapted so as to be more relevant and interesting to children.
Why should take these exams?
1) These diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education and accepted worldwide including the government of Canada.
2) Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
3) Candidates having earned the DELF / DALF diplomas earn extra points for immigration to countries such as Canada and their chances of employment increase.
Structure of the exams:
At each level, four skills are evaluated: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
The DELF exams are divided into 2 parts:
– Listening comprehension, written production, and reading comprehension are tested in a written exam. The date and time of this written exam is scheduled nationally and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
– Speaking and oral interaction are tested in a one-on-one exam. The date and time of this oral exam is communicated to candidates no later than one week prior to the written exam and every effort is made to ensure that the test takes place on the same day as the written component.
Cost of the DELF exams:
Exam fees are payable in full in advance without exception according to the table below.
When to register?
Browse our schedule of DELF/DALF sessions for 2022 to determine which session you would like to register for.
How to register to the DELF Exam?
It’s very easy! If you want to write your DELF exam at the Alliance Française of Cape Town, follow these two simple steps:
– Complete your Registration Form DELF-DALF 2022
– Send your proof of payment with your name and level of examination to firstname.lastname@example.org