DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française A1-B2) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française C1-C2) are official qualifications to certify French language proficiency of non-native speakers.
- The plus
– These diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education and accepted worldwide including the government of Canada.
– Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
– Candidates having earned the DELF / DALF diplomas earn extra points for immigration to countries such as Canada and their chances of employment increase.
- Structure of the exams
At each level, four skills are evaluated: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
The DELF exams are divided into 2 parts:
- Listening comprehension, written production, and reading comprehension are tested in a written exam. The date and time of this written exam is scheduled nationally and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- Speaking and oral interaction are tested in a one-on-one exam. The date and time of this oral exam is communicated to candidates no later than one week prior to the written exam and every effort is made to ensure that the test takes place on the same day as the written component.
- Cost of the exams
Exam fees are payable in full in advance without exception according to the table below.
- When to register
Browse our schedule of DELF/DALF sessions for 2021 to determine which session you would like to register for.
- How to register
It’s very easy! If you want to write your exam at the Alliance Française of Cape Town, follow these two simple steps:
- Complete your Registration Form DELF-DALF 2021
- Send your proof of payment with your name and level of examination to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you prefer to register online, just follow this link follow this link
- Complete the form
- Send your proof of payment to email@example.com
Please note that online registrations not followed by payment will be disregarded.
If you have any questions, please contact our exams coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org